Frost Cover Fabric and Frost Protection Mat
Frost mat is used in cold weather to protect plants, seedlings and turf against frost, insects and birds.
Frost protection mat has the following advantages:
- Reduces overnight evaporation and reduces daytime watering
- Reduces the need for pesticides
- Reduces growing cycles
- Chemical free
- Resistant to mildew and rotting and promotes healthy plant growth
- High light transmittance
- Air and water permeability
- Lightweight, flexible and tear resistant
- UV stabilised to increase life and protect against ultraviolet degradation
Frost cover fabric is laid loosely over the area to be protected to allow for growth, the edges are folded over and secured to the ground. For plants requiring pollination the frost protection mat is removed as necessary.